Sunday 30 November 2008

Life is a rollercoaster

Not a Ronan Keating song but my weekend.

On Saturday I felt good for Sunday's race. My training since Glen Lough had gone as planned and the weather forecast suggested conditions would suit me - firm underfoot. Saturday tea-time and the Keith Gerrard's great run in the European Cross was filtering through - more about that later in the week.

Then, Saturday night, I started to feel achy in the back and shoulders. Woke up Sunday morning and knew running was not a viable option. By now feeling really tired as well so decided the most sensible option was to stay in, keep warm and try and recover as quickly as possible - really disappointed.

I have had a quick update on how it went by Andy Fox - sounds like Kevin and Darren in particular are rounding into good form.

Will try to add a few more comments in the next day or so.

No comments: