Sunday 23 November 2008

Counting the days.....

There are now just seven days until the next Manx Gas League race – this time in Ramsey – and 48 to go until the Lancashire Champs at Blackburn on 10th January. There is no doubt that summer (what summer?) is well behind us and winter well under way with some arctic winds and hail this weekend.

I understand that Andy Fox and his group were planning to go to the sand dunes at Blue Point – not sure how they managed. I did think about going myself but had my week planned out and wanted to keep to that if at all possible. As it was I managed a decent – by my standards at least – week of over 40 miles with Thursday to Sunday being the best part. I know this is far short of what is really needed but I am trying to keep some consistent training going instead of keep breaking down with niggles and injuries.

Although I am keen to run in the local races my goal remains reaching the start line at Blackburn – and ultimately the finish line too! I have three target positions depending on the quality of my training between now and then. If you too are planning to do this race make sure you have submitted your entry, via Andy Fox for Manx Harriers, or directly to the organisers for other clubs.

Looking ahead to next week, I will try and do a preview for Sunday some time during this coming week.

Finally, I was delighted to see that the Millennium Way relay is to be held after all – thanks to those who stepped forward to make sure it takes place. I am looking for a run on either the first or last leg if anybody knows of anyone looking for runners for a team.

No comments: